School Is Not Education with Brett Veinotte and Darrell Becker
Brett Veinotte (School Sucks Project) and Darrell Becker (Voluntary Visions) join me for a special episode of the Powerful Parenting Podcast. It’s a discussion about the differences between schooling and education. It’s a long one, but I encourage you to find a way to listen, whether it’s blocking out a big chunk of time or listening in shorter segments and pausing until you have time to revisit it.
You want what is best for your child. But the school system (and even homeschooling) leaves a lot to be desired. Listen in as I talk with Brett and Darrell about:
- A cliff notes history of the public schooling model.
- Can authentic education happen in the public school system?
- The damaging effects of the public school environment.
- What real education looks like and why homeschooling is only a baby step toward that.
- Social arguments for public schooling and what will happen to schooling and education in the next 15 years.
Hopefully you get a lot of takeaways from this discussion. Don’t forget to head over to our Facebook group to chime in.
Links From the Show
- School Sucks Project
- Voluntary Visions
- Spoken Word Intro
- Darrell and his daughter discuss her education experience on SSP
- High School Sucks Outtro
Support the Show
The Powerful Parenting Podcast is a crowd-funded show. That means it is driven by listener contributions. If you find value in this show and have the means to contribute financially, we ask that you pledge a small per-episode contribution. These contributions pay for hosting, equipment, software, editing, and production time. You can pledge as little as $1 per episode—every contribution helps.
[intense_button color=”warning” size=”large” link=”/contribute/” target=”_blank” padding_top=”15″ padding_bottom=”15″ padding_left=”25″ padding_right=”25″]CONTRIBUTE [/intense_button] [intense_spacer height=”30″]